- What is Liberty Broadband Corporation?
Liberty Broadband Corporation (Nasdaq: LBRDA, LBRDK, LBRDP) operates and owns interests in a broad range of communications businesses. Liberty Broadband’s principal assets consist of its interest in Charter Communications and its subsidiary GCI. GCI is Alaska’s largest communications provider, providing data, wireless, video, voice and managed services to consumer and business customers throughout Alaska and nationwide.
- Does Liberty Broadband Corporation pay a cash dividend?
Liberty Broadband Corporation does not currently intend to pay cash dividends on any class of its common stock. Holders of Liberty Broadband Corporation’s Series A Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock are entitled to receive quarterly cash dividends on each of January 15, April 15, July 15 and October 15 during the term of the Preferred Stock. The Preferred Stock is subject to mandatory redemption on the first business day following March 8, 2039.
- What are Liberty Broadband Corporation's stock symbols?
Liberty Broadband Corporation’s Series A (LBRDA) common stock, Series C (LBRDK) common stock and Series A Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock (LBRDP) trade on NASDAQ. Liberty Broadband Corporation’s Series B (LBRDB) common stock are quoted on the OTC Markets.
- As a holder of Liberty Media Corporation's common stock how many shares of Liberty Broadband Corporation did I receive in the November 2014 spin-off?
In the November 2014 spin-off, Liberty Media Corporation distributed one-fourth of a share of Liberty Broadband Corporation's Series A, Series B and Series C common stock for each share of the corresponding series of Liberty Media Corporation's common stock held as of 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on October 29, 2014.
- What is the difference between Liberty Broadband Corporation's Series A common stock (LBRDA), Series B common stock (LBRDB) and Series C common stock (LBRDK)?
The Series A common stock (LBRDA) has one vote per share, the Series B common stock (LBRDB) has ten votes per share and the Series C common stock (LBRDK) is non-voting.
The Series B common stock is exchangeable at any time on a one-for-one basis for Series A common stock. The Series A and Series C common stock are not exchangeable.
- Is Liberty Broadband Corporation related to Liberty Media Corporation, Liberty Interactive Corporation, Liberty TripAdvisor Holdings, Inc., Starz or Liberty Global plc?
Although most of the businesses of these companies were once part of the same predecessor company, Liberty Broadband Corporation, Liberty Media Corporation, Qurate Retail, Inc, Liberty TripAdvisor Holdings, Inc., Starz and Liberty Global plc are separate public companies.
- Was the November 2014 spin-off of Liberty Broadband Corporation taxable to holders of Liberty Media Corporation's common stock?
The November 2014 spin-off was structured to not be taxable to holders of Liberty Media Corporation's common stock.
- What is Liberty Broadband Corporation's relationship with Charter Communications, Inc.?
Liberty Broadband Corporations holds an ownership interest in Charter Communications, Inc. However, Charter Communications, Inc. is a separate public company (Nasdaq: CHTR).
- How do I purchase Liberty Broadband Corporation's common stock?
Liberty Broadband Corporation has no direct stock purchase plan. You can purchase the stock through a broker.
- Does Liberty Broadband Corporation hold an annual meeting?
Yes. Information regarding annual meetings can be found on the Events & Presentations page under the Investor Relations section of our website.
- When does Liberty Broadband Corporation report financial results?
Liberty Broadband Corporation reports financial results within 40 days after the end of the first, second and third quarters and within 60 days after year-end.
- Where can I get information on current happenings within Liberty Broadband Corporation?
can add your name to one of our distribution lists via the Contact Us section of our website, you can view the Press Releases section of our website or you can visit the Events & Presentations page under the Investor Relations section of our website.
- How do I calculate my cost basis?
For more information on calculating your cost basis (tax basis) please visit the Stock Cost Basis section of our website.
- Where can I find Liberty Broadband Corporation's financial statements?
Liberty Broadband Corporation’s financial statements can be found under the Financial Information page under the Investor Relations section of our website or at www.sec.gov.
- How do I obtain information about my account or transfer ownership of my stock?
You can obtain information about your account or transfer ownership of your stock by contacting Liberty Broadband, Inc.'s transfer agent, Broadridge.
Please go to the Contact Us section of our website or call Broadridge directly at (888) 789-8745.